Deadline to Apply for Projects is February 15, 2024
IMPACT = to have a direct effect
That’s what we want to do.
Make an impact.
Use our influence.
For the Kingdom.
Each year we put together teams in strategic partnerships with field personnel, to give students an opportunity to be a part of a missions experience for one to three weeks on a team led by a campus minister, church college minister, or designated collegiate leader. Will you join us to use your influence to make an impact for the Kingdom?!
Applying to serve through One Mission Students qualifies you for up to 30% in financial assistance of your total field costs and transportation. Financial assistance is also based on the amount of fundraising assistance you provide in your local BCM or church. If you’re considering service internationally – get your passport today! All students serving internationally must have submitted an application for a passport before Feb. 1, 2024.
If you have any questions about opportunities listed below, please contact Chris Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Mission Students must be:
- Maturing Christians
- Active in an Alabama BCM or Alabama Baptist Church
- Be of good physical and emotional health
- Participate in personal evangelism on your college campus
- Students must refrain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, pornography, sexual contact outside of marriage, and/or any other activity that will call into question your integrity or hinder one’s witness for Christ.
- Completed one semester of college
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Complete a local interview with your BCM campus minister or local church collegiate minister
- Complete zoom or in person interview with One Mission Students leadership, these dates will be determined shortly. You will need to complete the interview as soon as possible to move forward with placement for summer.
- You must also attend REACH Wknd, April 26-27 at WorldSong Missions Place. You will receive more information about this when you are appointed. This weekend will provide you with information about your service opportunity this summer and training in evangelism, safety, and security.
- Commitment to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, US State Department
- You must also complete two report forms as you serve throughout the summer.
- If you are applying internationally, you should either already have a passport with an expiration date of more than 6 months from the end date of the project you are applying for OR have already submitted an application for your passport!
- You must be willing to be vaccinated with any vaccines required by a country for travel to or through that country. The One Mission Students team will discuss this further with you on a case-by-case basis.
Paris, France :: Pre-Olympic Team
TOTAL ESTIMATED COST: $4390 (Includes flight, field cost, and travel insurance)
WHAT YOU PAY (includes OMS Contribution): $3285
More than 10,500 athletes will gather from nearly every nation on earth for the 2024 Olympics. As people from around the world gather to watch these athletes, God is giving us an opportunity to connect and proclaim the gospel to peoples from around the globe – many who otherwise do not have access to the gospel. The Olympic games also shift the mindset of locals, whose hearts may be open to different ideas they hear from visitors. We want to seize the opportunity, in partnership with US and French churches, to mobilize the global church on mission in Paris for the 2024 Olympics. We are praying for God to use volunteers and partnerships to reach Parisians, the immigrants making up 40% of the Paris-area population, and the flood of athletes and visitors. During the Olympics, many of the local Parisians will leave the city to avoid the crowds and chaos. This pre-Olympics timeframe will primarily focus on reaching Parisians before they depart by working alongside French churches to fulfill local strategies with various ministries, outreach, and evangelism. Introduce people to Jesus! We want to facilitate the bold proclamation of the gospel in this dark place to those who live here and those who are visiting. For guests to Paris, we hope to share and link them back to Christians in their own countries. For locals, we will do broad evangelism that fits into our overall vision for the city. Our intention is to assist in planting five churches over the next five years. We need to make connections and share the gospel broadly, and your team can help immensely in accomplishing this objective.
New York City :: Impact Team
TOTAL ESTIMATED COST: $1100 (Includes flight, field cost, and travel insurance)
WHAT YOU PAY (includes OMS Contribution): $875
People from across the globe call New York City home, making it one of the most strategic mission opportunities in the world. Many former One Mission Student missionaries have moved to plant their lives in the city. This team will serve alongside former OMS missionaries partnering with local churches to reach the city. This may include outreach events, promoting church events, prayer walking, etc. If you want to learn more about what life on mission in New York City looks like. have a flexible attitude, are willing to serve all peoples, this could be a great opportunity for you!
Indianapolis :: Crossover and Southern Baptist Convention
TOTAL ESTIMATED COST: $1116 (Includes flight, field cost, and travel insurance)
WHAT YOU PAY (includes OMS Contribution): $700
Students will participate in evangelistic events alongside others from across the US leading up to the annual Southern Baptist Convention meeting. During the meeting, students will assist with registration, serve as ushers, etc.
Guadalajara, Mexico :: Summer University Ministry
TOTAL ESTIMATED COST: $1828 (Includes flight, field cost, and travel insurance)
WHAT YOU PAY (includes OMS Contribution): $1300
Partner with the American Peoples student strategy team based in Guadalajara, Mexico to evangelize university students in the bustling metropolitan city of Guadalajara, Mexico. A thriving city of almost 7 million people, teams will be challenged to enter into key city areas with high university student populations and engage them with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Several evangelism platforms will be utilized including Soularium cards, English practice, and direct personal evangelism in plazas.
Mobile, AL :: Super Summer TL
TOTAL ESTIMATED COST: $225 (Includes field cost and travel insurance)
WHAT YOU PAY (includes OMS Contribution): $150
Super Summer Alabama is not your typical summer camp — students spend hours in their schools learning about things such as theology, spiritual disciplines, missiology, apologetics, and more. Students spend more time in their schools learning than they spend doing other activities, unlike many other summer camps. Students come expecting to see God move and work in their lives. When like-minded Christian brothers and sisters come together to learn, study, and grow in their faith, the Lord is sure to move!
Will you join us at Super Summer Alabama serving as a TL (Team Leader)? A Team Leader is a college aged person who leads a small group of around 8 students throughout the week. It is a TL’s job to lead small group discussion, get to know their group on a deeper level, encourage and disciple students throughout the week and so much more!
In addition to leading small group discussion during the day, small group leaders will be responsible for having “hall time” with students staying in the same dorm as them. This is a time to invite students to share what they’ve learned, how God is speaking to them, and what is heavy on their hearts.
TL’s have one of the most important jobs at Super Summer. TL’s get to spend more personal time with their students than anyone else on campus. This means that they have the unique ability to minister to, encourage, challenge, and teach students in a way that their deans and youth pastors may not.