One Missions Students wants to help you as you are seeking to be obedient to God’s call to serve the nations this summer! Applying to serve internationally through One Mission Students qualifies you for up to 30% of your total field costs and transportation (but no more than $1,500) in financial assistance if your project is 3 weeks or longer and you complete all requirements listed below. Financial assistance is also based on the amount of fundraising assistance you provide in your local BCM. If you’re considering service internationally – get your passport today! You must have applied for a passport to be appointed for international service.
One Mission Students must be:
- Maturing Christians
- Active in an Alabama BCM or Alabama Baptist Church
- Be of good physical and emotional health
- Participate in personal evangelism on your college campus
- Students must refrain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, pornography, sexual contact outside of marriage, and/or any other activity that will call into question your integrity or hinder one’s witness for Christ.
- Completed one semester of college
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- You must also attend Missions Prep Weekend, April 13-14, 2018 at First Baptist Church in Montgomery. This weekend will provide you with information about your service opportunity this summer and training in evangelism, safety, and security.
- You must also complete two report forms as you serve throughout the summer.
As a state, we are adopting the following International Mission Board (IMB) Teams. Below this listing of specific projects that One Mission Student is helping fill. The prices listed on the projects in the first grouping below is a flat rate for students serving through One Mission Students. This one cost covers all expenses. In the second grouping and at the IMB link listed below, those projects will be supplemented by up to 30% based on your need. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
New projects for 2019 will be posted by Oct. 1, 2018.
To find other opportunities for service internationally, visit www.imbstudents.org/go. Search for opportunities, and remember that One Mission Students will provide up to 30% of the total costs for projects listed that are three weeks or longer over the summer or semester.