One Missions Students wants to help you as you are seeking to be obedient to God’s call to serve the nations this Christmas! Applying to serve in any opportunities listed below through One Mission Students qualifies you for up to 30% of your total field costs and transportation (but no more than $1,500) in financial assistance if you complete all requirements listed below. Financial assistance is also based on the amount of fundraising assistance you provide in your local BCM. If you’re considering service internationally – get your passport today! You must have applied for a passport to be appointed for international service.
One Mission Students must be:
- Maturing Christians
- Active in an Alabama BCM or Alabama Baptist Church
- Be of good physical and emotional health
- Participate in personal evangelism on your college campus
- Students must refrain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, pornography, sexual contact outside of marriage, and/or any other activity that will call into question your integrity or hinder one’s witness for Christ.
- Completed one semester of college
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- You must also attend a training for your place of service, information will be given after you are appointed.
Please contact Chris Mills if you have any questions about the opportunities listed below!
International Christmas New York
Week One (Dec. 17-23, 2019)
Week Two (Dec. 27, 2019-Jan. 2, 2020)
Cost: $650 (includes meals, lodging, and transportation)
ICNY 2019 immerses you in the cultures of China, Poland, South and Central America, and several countries of Southeast Asia all in the greatest city in the world, New York City. You’ll join church planters in the city seeking to engage some of the least reached peoples in the world and share the hope of Christmas with them!
Dec. 18-23, 2019
Cost: $50 (includes meals, lodging, and transportation)
BCM students and others across Alabama have been collecting Christmas Backpacks this semester to deliver to kids living in poverty across the Mississippi River Region. We have volunteered to serve alongside Shining Light Outreach Center in Charleston, MO to deliver 600 backpacks! Students will host a block party, help with a Christmas food pantry, and participate in various other service projects through the week.