Each year we offer projects for students wishing to serve alongside other Alabama BCM students in a short-term summer experience.
Students serving on a short-term state team qualify for financial assistance based on the length and location of the trip.
The locations and dates are listed below.
One Mission Students must be:
- Maturing Christians
- Active in an Alabama BCM or Alabama Baptist Church
- Be of good physical and emotional health
- Participate in personal evangelism on your college campus
- Students must refrain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, pornography, sexual contact outside of marriage, and/or any other activity that will call into question your integrity or hinder one’s witness for Christ.
- Completed one semester of college
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- You must also attend Missions Prep Weekend, April 12-13, 2019 at Hargis Retreat Center in Chelsea, Ala. This weekend will provide you with information about your service opportunity this summer and training in evangelism, safety, and security.
- You must also attend complete Student Missions Debriefing. This training will be determined by your team leader or based on your location of service. It will help you better tell your story and debrief from your missions experience.
- If you are planning to serve internationally, you MUST have a valid passport. If you do not have a passport, you MUST have begun the application process before being appointed by One Mission Students.
Projects listed below are short-term projects led by a campus minister or church collegiate minister. If you would like to serve in a summer-long opportunity, visit the North America or International page here.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MARCH 1, 2019!
Birmingham June 5-12, 2019 – $50
- Engage in service and evangelism projects through the Birmingham metro area to bless the city as the Southern Baptist Convention holds its’ annual meeting. Students will also assist in registering messengers for the meeting and connect with other volunteers in worship throughout the week.
Super Summer Alabama July 7-12, 2019 – $200
- A Team Leader (TL) is a college student that leads a small group of middle school/high school students through the week at Super Summer. It’s a TL’s job to lead small group discussion, get to know their group on a deeper level, encourage and disciple students through the week…and so much more! You’ll have ‘hall time’ with students staying in the same dorm as you – inviting students to share what they’ve learned, how God is speaking to them, etc. TL’s have one of the most important jobs at Super Summer. TL’s spend more personal time with students than anyone else on campus – this means you will have the unique ability to minister to, encourage, challenge and teach students in a way that others may not. Complete this application at https://supersummer.ymlink.org.
Montreal May 18-25, 2019 – $650
- Serve through GenSend break on some of the spiritually darkest campuses in North America. Prayer walk, engage, connect to reach students on campuses across Montreal.
Bay Area California – June 22-30, 2019 – $250
- Serve alongside First Baptist Church of Benicia, California in Vacation Bible School, prayerwalking, and seeking to serve and engage the community.
Moscow – June 27 – July 6, 2019 – $1,650
- Come serve in Moscow and join church planters and local church partners to reach out to, plan events for, and disciple university students. By leveraging your greatest asset…the fact that you’re American…you will connect through cultural and conversational English events, you will build relationships with students in order move them towards discipleship.