Each year we offer projects for students wishing to serve alongside other Alabama BCM students in a short-term summer experience.
Students serving on a short-term state team qualify for financial assistance based on the length and location of the trip.
THE DEADLINE FOR ALL TRIPS LISTED BELOW IS MARCH 16, 2018.
The locations and dates are listed below.
One Mission Students must be:
- Maturing Christians
- Active in an Alabama BCM or Alabama Baptist Church
- Be of good physical and emotional health
- Participate in personal evangelism on your college campus
- Students must refrain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, pornography, sexual contact outside of marriage, and/or any other activity that will call into question your integrity or hinder one’s witness for Christ.
- Completed one semester of college
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- You must attend Missions Prep Weekend, April 13-14, 2018 at First Baptist Church in Montgomery. This weekend will provide you with information about your service opportunity this summer and training in evangelism, safety, and security.
- You must also attend complete Student Missions Debriefing. This training will be determined by your team leader or based on your location of service. It will help you better tell your story and debrief from your missions experience.
- If you are planning to serve internationally, you MUST have a valid passport. If you do not have a passport, you MUST have begun the application process before being appointed by One Mission Students.
Projects listed below are short-term projects led by a campus minister or church collegiate minister. If you would like to serve in a summer-long opportunity, visit the North America or International page here.