Each year we offer projects for students wishing to serve alongside other Alabama BCM students in a short term summer experience.
Students serving on a short-term state team qualify for financial assistance based on the length and location of the trip.
THE DEADLINE FOR ALL TRIPS LISTED BELOW IS MARCH 31, 2017.
The locations and dates are listed below.
One Mission Students must be:
- Maturing Christians
- Active in an Alabama BCM or Alabama Baptist Church
- Be of good physical and emotional health
- Participate in personal evangelism on your college campus
- Students must refrain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, pornography, sexual contact outside of marriage, and/or any other activity that will call into question your integrity or hinder one’s witness for Christ.
- Completed one semester of college
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- You must attend Missions Prep Weekend, April 21-22, 2017 at First Baptist Church in Prattville, AL. This weekend will provide you with information about your service opportunity this summer and training in evangelism, safety and security.
- You must also attend complete Student Missions Debriefing. This training will be determined by your team leader or based on your location of service. It will help you better tell your story and debrief from your missions experience.
- If you are planning to serve internationally, you MUST have a valid passport. If you do not have a passport, you MUST have began the application process before being appointed by One Mission Students.
Projects listed below are short term projects led by a campus minister or church collegiate minister. If you would like to serve in a summer long opportunity, visit the North America or International page here.
Phoenix :: We’ll have 2 teams going to Phoenix this summer. Spend 10 days in June or 7 weeks June-July!
The SUMMER LONG TEAM will serve from June 7-July 26 doing following up on SBC outreach, and connecting with church plants in the city. From children, to inner city, to suburban ministry, there are opportunities for you! We’re looking for 12 students to fill this team. COST only $50 TOTAL – includes One Mission Students assistance – all meals, lodging, transportation and insurance…and debriefing July 25-26 at the SEND CONFERENCE in ORLANDO! Apply at this link :: PHOENIXSUMMER
The SHORT TERM TEAM will serve for June 7-16 in several special outreach events (block parties, homeless ministry, inner city and suburban ministry) alongside the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) meeting and will end the trip with a visit to the Grand Canyon! COST only $200 – TOTAL – includes One Mission Students assistance – all meals, lodging, transportation and insurance. Apply at this link Phoenix10
New York City :: June 15-22, 2017 :: Apply below – NYC1
Serve among some of the most unreached peoples in the world in New York City! This team of students will partner with Jackson Heights Community Church to teach English as a Second Language classes, participate in special outreach events and learn more about the South Asians that call Jackson Heights, Queens home. COST only $700 TOTAL – includes One Mission Students assistance – all meals, lodging, transportation and insurance.
Apply Now Below: