Each year we offer projects for students wishing to serve alongside other Alabama BCM students in a short-term summer experience.
Students serving on a short-term state team qualify for financial assistance based on the length and location of the trip.
THE DEADLINE FOR ALL TRIPS LISTED BELOW IS MARCH 16, 2018.
The locations and dates are listed below.
One Mission Students must be:
- Maturing Christians
- Active in an Alabama BCM or Alabama Baptist Church
- Be of good physical and emotional health
- Participate in personal evangelism on your college campus
- Students must refrain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, pornography, sexual contact outside of marriage, and/or any other activity that will call into question your integrity or hinder one’s witness for Christ.
- Completed one semester of college
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- You must attend Missions Prep Weekend, April 13-14, 2018 at First Baptist Church in Montgomery. This weekend will provide you with information about your service opportunity this summer and training in evangelism, safety, and security.
- You must also attend complete Student Missions Debriefing. This training will be determined by your team leader or based on your location of service. It will help you better tell your story and debrief from your missions experience.
- If you are planning to serve internationally, you MUST have a valid passport. If you do not have a passport, you MUST have begun the application process before being appointed by One Mission Students.
Projects listed below are short-term projects led by a campus minister or church collegiate minister. If you would like to serve in a summer-long opportunity, visit the North America or International page here.
DALLAS, TEXAS – June 8 – 13 – FOR THE CAMPUS – 6 STUDENTS NEEDED!
Serve with a team of students from Alabama partnering with Texas students in a special outreach event on two Dallas area campuses. This event will be during the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention in Dallas. Beyond this outreach event on campuses, students will help with registering messengers at the convention meeting on Sunday afternoon and Monday morning.
COST – $125 – includes transportation, lodging and meals
PORT ARTHUR, TEXAS – May 21-26 – DISASTER RELIEF – 8 STUDENTS NEEDED!
Serve with a team of students helping in rebuild efforts as a result of Hurricane Harvey last fall. This team will serve with Texas Baptists Disaster Relief teams in the Port Arthur area. Apply today!
COST – $75 – includes transportation, housing and all meals
Calgary, Alberta, Canada – July 28-August 4, 2018 – 2 STUDENTS NEEDED!
Partner with The Junction Church, Calgary, to minister to children and families in various block party and community outreach events. This team will be made up of students from across Alabama and led by Jake Duke, campus minister at the University of West Alabama.
Cost – $700 – includes airfare, lodging, and meals
Manzanillo & Baracoa, Cuba Project 1 – Conference Team – May 18-29, 2018 – FULL
Students will participate in partnership evangelism with Baptist churches and missions in Manzanillo and Baracoa. Team leaders will lead two conferences for university students. When attending the conferences, students will interact with students. This team will be made up of students from across Alabama and will be led by campus ministers from across the state.
Total Cost: $ 1400.00
Manzanillo, Cuba Project 2 – Evangelism Team – May 18-25, 2018 – FULL
Partner with Eastern Baptist Convention churches for direct evangelism with churches and mission in Manzanillo. This team will be made up of students from across Alabama and will be led by campus ministers and local church leaders from across the state.
TOTAL Cost: $ 1,185.00
Vienna, Austria – May 25-June 4, 2018 – FULL
Work with IMB church planting team to engage the student population with the Gospel. This would be done primarily through campus surveys and through events designed to put the student team in contact with the Austrian students. They would also be supporting local church plants and participating with some of our Austrian partners in other evangelistic outreaches.
Cost – $1500 – includes airfare, lodging, and meals