Please note that REACH Weekend has been CANCELED.
Want to serve in North America this summer?
One Missions Students wants to help you as you are seeking to be obedient to God’s call to serve this summer! Applying to serve in North America through One Mission Students qualifies you for up to 30% of your total field costs and transportation (but no more than $1,000) in financial assistance if your project is 3 weeks or longer and you complete all requirements listed below. Many of the projects listed below have a flat dollar amount assigned to them – students appointed to those positions are required to raise that amount of money and that should cover all expenses – flight, local transportation, meals and lodging. Financial assistance is also based on the amount of fundraising assistance you provide in your local BCM.
One Mission Students must be:
- Maturing Christians
- Active in an Alabama BCM or Alabama Baptist Church
- Be of good physical and emotional health
- Participate in personal evangelism on your college campus
- Students must refrain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, pornography, sexual contact outside of marriage, and/or any other activity that will call into question your integrity or hinder one’s witness for Christ.
- Completed one semester of college
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- You must also complete two report forms as you serve throughout the summer.
$15 per week
Come serve in Birmingham in any two-week increment – students can serve as few as 2 weeks and as long as the entire 8-week project. The cost is $15 per week
Choose one or more of these assignments during each two-week period.
• Cross-cultural experience with either non-English speaking congregations or inner-city churches
• Experience with a new church plant trying to refresh their building and reach their community in creative and intentional ways
• General construction/maintenance projects at local churches in need of help
• Project helping organize/get started a food and basic care item ministry for those in need – this would be working with churches, the BMBA, and a non-profit ministry
• MetroChangers – roofing and other light maintenance on the homes of the underprivileged and/or elderly.
Students will serve as camp staff for Singing River Project. This is a youth camp in the shoals the week of July 12-18. The weeks following will be serving with the BCM and CLBA at Earle Trent Assembly with various projects that are work related and evangelistic. We will also serve the community through the lens of local churches.
$15 a week (Dates Flexible)
Students will partner with churches and ministries of the Madison Baptist Association to do light construction work, food distribution, and evangelism. Come be a part of what God is doing in the Rocket City! Dates are flexible.
$15 per week
Come serve in any four-week increment – students can serve as few as 4 weeks and as long as the entire 8-week project – $15 per week.
Serve as a student missionary through the Mobile Baptist Association International Language School. Students will have the opportunity to engage with people from all over the world that have made Mobile home or are just passing through. You’ll connect through English classes, visit international restaurants, and other avenues to promote the school and connect with international peoples.
$10 per week
Serve with the Mobile Baptist Association’s Sea Port Ministry. Connect with international men that are coming through the Port. You’ll engage with peoples from all different backgrounds, help meet their needs (trips to Walmart, etc.), and seek to share the hope of Christ!
The Montgomery Baptist Association exists to help churches fulfill the Great Commission. Student missionaries will help in that effort through prayer walks, block parties, food distribution, surveys, and outreach events. Students will be engaged with new church plants and other ministries in Alabama’s River Region. There will be engaged in racial reconciliation emphases and ministry settings of economic and racial diversity. Montgomery has a rich civil rights history which will be explored. You will feed the hungry, share the gospel and be engaged in ministry events.
Follow us on social media for an update on when new projects are posted. Links are below!