Want to serve in North America this summer?
One Missions Students wants to help you as you are seeking to be obedient to God’s call to serve this summer! Applying to serve in North America through One Mission Students qualifies you for up to 30% of your total field costs and transportation (but no more than $1,000) in financial assistance if your project is 3 weeks or longer and you complete all requirements listed below. Financial assistance is also based on the amount of fundraising assistance you provide in your local BCM.
One Mission Students must be:
- Maturing Christians
- Active in an Alabama BCM or Alabama Baptist Church
- Be of good physical and emotional health
- Participate in personal evangelism on your college campus
- Students must refrain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, pornography, sexual contact outside of marriage, and/or any other activity that will call into question your integrity or hinder one’s witness for Christ.
- Completed one semester of college
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- You must also attend Missions Prep Weekend, April 13-14, 2018 at First Baptist Church in Montgomery. This weekend will provide you with information about your service opportunity this summer and training in evangelism, safety and security.
- Attendance at Missions Debriefing Training is required as well. This training will be determined by your team leader or based on your location of service. It will help you better tell your story and debrief from your missions experience.
You must also complete two report forms as you serve throughout the summer.
The projects listed below are summer long opportunities. If you would like to serve for a shorter period of time, connect with some of our shorter term projects here.
Birmingham June 5-12, 2019 – $50 **IMPACT Team
- Engage in service and evangelism projects through the Birmingham metro area to bless the city as the Southern Baptist Convention holds its’ annual meeting. Students will also assist in registering messengers for the meeting and connect with other volunteers in worship throughout the week.
Montreal May 18-25, 2019 – $650 **IMPACT Team
- Serve through GenSend break on some of the spiritually darkest campuses in North America. Prayer walk, engage, connect to reach students on campuses across Montreal.
Reaching Alaska – June 1 – August 2, 2019 – $1800
- Want to beat the Alabama heat this Summer? What better place than Alaska? Come and partner with local churches in Anchorage and the Eagle River area where you will work with us to reach their desire of sharing the Gospel! The local churches need help with teaching VBS, ministering in neighborhood parks and mentoring local children need Christian role models in their lives. The churches of Anchorage need you to come help us infect the state of Alaska with the Gospel!
Phoenix, Arizona – GENSEND – June 14-July 29 -$100
- Serve on a team of students from Alabama in Phoenix! This team will learn to live life on mission within the context of the city. You’ll serve alongside church planters and compassion ministries to see and experience what it takes to spread Christ’s love and message of redemption to Phoenix. Our hope is that you will not only be developed as a missionary but that you may also consider leveraging your life in Phoenix for the Gospel.
Hawai’i – May 28 – August 3, 2019 – $700
- Pu’u Kahea Conference Center is the state Baptist conference center, owned and operated by the Hawaii Pacific Baptist Convention. We are a host facility for churches and other non-profit groups, where they can come to have their retreats and camps. We provide lodging and meals for guests. Students will help provide a peaceful environment for the groups, so they may minister to those in their groups without having to worry about lodging and food details. Students will get to interact with guests as they go about their day – and assist with day camps for children.
Mission Arlington – June 1 – August 1, 2019 – $200
- Mission Arlington is a way of life that works to share the Gospel of Jesus through meeting people’s physical needs as well as teaching Bible studies. Mission Arlington serves in over 340 different apartment complexes, mobile home parks, nursing homes, and neighborhoods to have Bible study, after-school programs, ESL classes, and other outreach events to build relationships and share Jesus with families. You will be partnered with an Apartment Church where you will help lead/teach Bible studies, assist kids with their homework, do food give-aways, host movie nights, and many other activities. When students are not serving in the apartments, they will help at the Mission Arlington office. Here they will help counsel families in need of assistance, work in the food pantry, give out clothes, organize donations, and other things that are part of the day to day work at Mission Arlington.
Smoky Mountain Resort Ministries – May 24, August 4, 2019 – $100
- In the chaos of a resort town, Smoky Mountain Resort Ministries summer missionaries deliver a message of hope to those who live, work and play in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. In the middle of major attractions, special events, and campgrounds, students lead worship, organize events for international students, minister to locals, and participate in community events. Summer missionaries will work and live with a team of college students while being mentored by local leadership.
Impact Myrtle Beach – May 21 – July 28, 2019 – $250
- You will have the chance to lead mission teams arriving every week and assist them with day camps in campgrounds and low-income housing projects sharing Christ with tourists and locals. You will be placed in a missionary staff role leading music and worship, working with international students, sports, day camp, and assisting our mission teams to have a successful week of missions. Whatever your gift, you can be used to share the great news of Christ in Myrtle Beach.
Orlando (Lifestyle Innovators) – May 24 – July 31, 2019 – $400
- Orlando is the number one tourist destination with 72 million visitors a year. That’s an awesome mission field! You can encounter the whole world in one place. By working at Fun Spot (a local family theme park), you will get the chance to touch both visitors and local employees. You will get a full work schedule of 35-40 hours a week with pay. Your mission will be to intentionally build relationships with co-workers to share the gospel. You will also get to share the love of Christ with kids from all over the world by leading Kids Club at a hotel pool. Kids Clubs are like a Backyard Bible Club/Daycamp with Bible stories, games in the pool, crafts and snacks. In addition, you will also participate in different mission opportunities (such as face painting, balloon sculpting and serving in local churches). Your group will get a chance to recharge and share how God is working through worship time each week. For ten weeks you will get the chance to see God work through you and your teammates. You will be stretched out of your comfort zone. You will learn to live out your faith as a lifestyle evangelist. Are you a hard worker with a desire to share the love of Jesus with others? Are you ready to live out the scripture Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically as something done for the Lord and not for men.”? Be an Innovator and see what God has planned for you!
Orlando (Give Kids the World) – May 24 – July 31, 2019 – $200
- Orlando is the number one tourist destination. 72 million people visit the city each year adding a very diverse culture to Orlando. We have a unique opportunity with a place called Give Kids the World. This is a resort/village for children with life threatening illnesses whose wish is to visit Orlando and its exciting attractions. The families stay at the village for a week and enjoy such amenities as putt putt, pools, free ice cream, food and much more. This exciting place allows families to take a break from the hustle and bustle of doctor visits and the worry of life with an illness. Each week you will volunteer 20 to 30 hours in the village. You will live out your faith through your lifestyle. There are 200 different volunteer jobs each day to choose from. You will develop relationships that you never thought possible with the staff, other volunteers and the families. The emotional ties you develop weekly will begin to change your heart forever. Your faith will be challenged and strengthened. During the rest of the week you will participate in ministries along with the rest of the ROCK Ministries
Orlando (Creative Arts Team) – May 24 – July 31, 2019 – $200
- Orlando is the number one tourist destination with 72 million visitors a year. That’s an awesome mission field- the whole world is coming to our doorstep. This will be an intense and culturally diverse ministry experience. The students will form our Rock Ministries Creative Arts Team. We are looking for talented students in the areas of music, puppets and dance. The students must have performance experience in solo and/or ensemble. Other performance skills such as puppets and drama are highly beneficial. An audition video/DVD is required. The students will be performing several times a week in tourist areas. Their Family Entertainment shows will consist of secular music and close with a Christian number The goal of the performance is to gather a crowd in order to share the gospel afterwards using one-on-one evangelism. We would love to have students of different ethnic backgrounds or those that can speak a different language to serve in this great international destination. The students will conduct Kid’s Clubs at hotel pools three times a week. Kid’s Clubs are like a Backyard Bible Club/Daycamp with Bible stories, games in the pool and crafts. The children will be from all over the world. You will also travel to different churches to provide a worship service and to challenge the churches to be involved in missions. You will have the opportunity to be involved in other mission projects with ROCK Ministries. You will watch God work through you and your fellow teammates. You will be stretched out of your comfort zone and you will learn to live out and share your faith.